Researching Your Options for Orthopedic Care?
Get to Know St. Luke's with the Stride to Success Program!
St. Luke's offers both prospective and current orthopedic patients one of the area's only pre-operative orthopedic educational programs available. The Stride to Success program allows patients to become familiar, active and knowledgeable in their own recovery prior to total hip or total knee joint replacement.
Stride to Success Topics Include:
Maximizing Your Rehabilitation
- An overview of your stay at St. Luke's, from the morning of your surgery through discharge.
- "Surgery at St. Luke's" presentation, which explains the surgical routine and offers suggestions to help promote a smooth recovery.
- A group meeting with nurses, physical therapists and social workers who help meet the needs of patients undergoing total joint replacements.
- An opportunity to ask questions.
- Information about continuing your rehabilitation in the Medicare-certified subacute care unit.
- Review of educational materials from all members of the healthcare team.
Stride to Success is a partnership between St. Luke's patients and their rehabilitation team. The adage, "You'll get out of it what you put into it," certainly applies. During your rehabilitation, instructors will ask you to work hard by yourself and with the team to:
- Achieve independence through exercise
- Plan ahead for discharge needs
Classes meet at the Hospital on the:
- First and third Wednesday of each month from 4 to 5:30 p.m.
- Second Monday of each month from 10 to 11:30 a.m.
- Fourth Thursday of each month from 6 to 7:30 p.m.
To register for St. Luke's Stride to Success program, call 314-205-6986. There is no fee for Stride to Success and you do not need to be a patient. Anyone interested in St. Luke's Orthopedic Services and Stride to Success may attend.
Location and Driving Directions
From Highway 40/Interstate 64
Take Highway 40/Interstate 64 to north Woods Mill Road (Hwy. 141). Proceed 1/4 mile to Conway Road. Continue through the stoplight at Conway Road and turn right at the next stoplight into the St. Luke's campus.
Take I-44 to Highway 141 North to Conway Road (1/4 mile north of Highway 40). Continue through the stoplight at Conway Road and turn right at the next stoplight into the St. Luke's campus.
Take I-70 to I-270 south to Highway 40/Interstate 64 west. Take Highway 40 to north Woods Mill Road (Hwy. 141). Proceed 1/4 mile to Conway Road. Continue through the stoplight at Conway Road and turn right at the next stoplight into the St. Luke's campus.
Surface parking is available at the northeast corner of the hospital campus.
Handicapped parking is available on the surface lot or in the North/South Garage at each lobby entrance.