Founded on February 28, 1866 by a group of concerned Episcopalians and joined in ministry by the Presbyterians in 1948, St. Luke's Hospital is part of the healing ministry of the Episcopal and Presbyterian (USA) churches.
At St. Luke's, we celebrate Founders' Day by remembering our heritage and honoring our founders. We celebrate by reaffirming our mission of healing, which grounds all the services we provide to the greater St. Louis area. We celebrate by continuing to expand our healing presence as we improve the health of the community in body, mind and spirit.
"Conceived in the hearts of those who saw the need, Born under those influences that only the tender-hearted can give, Nurtured by those whose time is without price, And brought to fruition by those who desire to serve the Lord."
Frank V. Hammar
President of the Board of Directors - 1928
St. Luke's Hospital History - PDF